What is anxiety? Between fear with hidden roots and fear for no reason
A constant state of uneasiness in the soul, the fear that an inevitable evil is approaching, troubled and confused feelings plus an uncontrolled fear of death - this could be defined as anxiety, a growing condition nowadays.
Reasons for fear and worry may occasionally exist for each of us, but anxiety syndrome occurs when negative feelings set in without a real reason or the fear is far too intense in relation to the concrete factors that determine it. In addition, anxiety makes you freak out for nothing or just at the thought of an inevitable evil.
The fear caused by anxiety goes hand in hand with the inability to overcome it. This unfavorable psychological context also has repercussions on overall health, and the most common symptoms are:
- Overflowing energy followed by an acute feeling of fatigue
- A burn sensation throughout the body
- Stomach pain
- Excessive sweating
- Irritated scalp
- Suffocation sensation, short breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Constipation, diarrhea or bloating
How you calm it down
Specific medication can solve the problem in the short term, but for lasting results it must be combined with psychotherapeutic treatment.
To alleviate the symptoms of anxiety or even get rid of them, you have to fight a little bit with yourself and with your "demons", to adopt a healthy lifestyle and a diet that helps the psyche.
- Exercise regularly, it is known that exercise leads to the release of endorphins, hormones of well-being;
- Eat foods rich in calcium and amino acids - milk, soy products, fish, shrimp, chicken, beef, bananas.
- Eat little and often during the day to keep your blood sugar constant.
- Use aromatherapy: the smell of lavender has a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Do not keep for yourself the thoughts that upset you: speak openly about what you feel and listen to the encouragement and kind words of your loved ones.